Now seeking a Relationship Manager in our Sioux Falls, South Dakota law firm office to join our team!
Summary of the Position:
We are looking for a high-performing Relationship Manager in our Sioux Falls location to help us meet our client acquisition and revenue growth goals. You will be responsible for expanding new relationships and developing our current relationships, ultimately leading to more business.
The keys aspects to the Relationship Manager position include:
- Strengthening relationships (current clients, potential clients, referral sources, membership organizations, and strategic partnerships) by working our business development/sales cycle.
- Coordinating and executing business proposals.
- Implementing our business development plans.
- Maximizing our CRM system and the data it provides.
- Promoting Goosmann Law Firm’s collaborative, positive, strengths-focused, team-based culture and acting as a key culture-keeper in the firm.
The Relationship Manager will have specific, measurable goals based on the firm’s annual plan.
This is a full-time exempt position.
Minimum Education/Required Licenses/Certifications
A four-year degree is required and preference is given to a business or marketing/communications field.
Minimum Work Experience
At least five years of professional experience in related work is preferred, but not required (i.e. Marketing, Customer Service, Relationship Management, Sales, etc.).
Firm will provide training on their specific systems, processes, and tools, but candidate should already have the core skills around building relationships and being technology-savvy that are required for this position.
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Proficient in computer skills and office equipment is required. Ability to use Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, or other common office/word processing software packages, as well as equipment like copier and scanner. Uses word processing technology to accurately produce documents and other correspondence, reports, and other printed materials in a consistent, attractive format.
- Experience in a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) program is preferred.
- Proven ability in customer service skills and is able to deal with people effectively and respond professionally in all situations.
- Sales-minded and critical-thinking skills around information management.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communications. Extremely professional with strong etiquette. Be a strong, conversational writer. Strong interpersonal skills.
- Possess creative and analytic skills. Is adaptable and innovative.
- Must uphold privacy and confidentiality.
- Must have sound organizational and time management skills as well as proven attention to detail, ability to manage multiple projects at once, and ability to meet multiple deadlines.
- Demonstrates a positive attitude, enthusiasm, the ability to collaborate with other professionals and work as a team member, and possesses a desire to learn and grow professionally.
- Uses initiative and discretion in accomplishing routine assignments with minimum supervision. Is responsible and accountable.
- Ability to understand and apply guidelines, policies, and procedures.
- Follow the Code of Ethics and Professional Guidelines at all times.
- Most important is interpersonal skills because this position will be responsible for building relationships and being out in the public to help build the firm’s brand.
- Having strong communication skills is important as the Relationship Manager communicates frequently with clients, attorneys, and other professionals.
- Maximize our business development and sales process and strategy to achieve firm goals.
- The nature of this job also requires a strong attention to detail as the Relationship Managers works with reports, data, analytics, sales pitches, as well as marketing materials.
- Respond to requests in timely fashion.
- Execute the firm’s business development and marketing strategy.
- Become proficient in and utilize our CRM tool (Hubspot). Ensure data is accurate and timely. Rank and identify leads, as well as enhance data and reporting utilization to ensure maximizing effectiveness of the tool. Complete monthly reporting and further analysis to identify sales opportunities. Develop its automation systems using to ensure building efficiencies.
- Effectively compile lists from within the CRM database, develop marketing/email campaigns with an appropriate “give,” implement, oversee and monitor the campaign’s performance, and then ensure follow up.
- Manage a list of contacts that you are responsible for developing the relationship with, funnel them through the business development cycle, leading to a pitch opportunity, and then landing as a client.
- Work closely with specified Attorneys and their assigned contacts and assist them to do the same.
- Assist in maintaining specific contacts of the CEO and Executive Director.
- Expand the firm’s current client base. Network. Follow up. Attend key community events that our target clients would be at. Be involved in strategic organizations/associations.
- Help expand current clients’ business by strengthening relationships, identifying additional opportunities, and cross-selling firm’s other services. WOW clients.
- Maximize current strategic memberships and partnerships of the firm.
- Prepare pitches, specified RFPs, educational or promotional presentations, and other business development materials that ultimately lead to revenue growth. Ensure follow up from potential business opportunities are completed.
- Draft emails, complete follow ups, and execute “gives.”
- Prepare and ensure proper pre-call planning and post-call strategy occurs.
- Assist with business development events and other programs as indicated per annual plans.
- The Relationship Manager is responsible for sustaining processes that allow for accurate, expedient, and timely service for the firm’s attorneys, as well as our clients, potential clients, referral sources, and strategic partnerships. Improve and multiply programs already in place
- Is self-motivated. Must be able to manage his/her time well, work proactively, and be aware of any issues that need to be brought to attention.
- Provides support to the firm with other special projects as requested.
WHY WORK FOR GOOSMANN LAW?
- Worth it! Strong commitment to mission
- Founded in 2009, Goosmann Law is Growing an average of 20-30% a year
- The brand and Firm are known and respected
- The Firm is a stable company
- The legal service is excellent
- It is within family friendly communities (Sioux City, Sioux Falls, Omaha)
- Goosmann Law is a steward of the community
- The culture is well-regarded and fun
- There’s opportunity for growth
- Strengths based
- Goal oriented
- Innovative & creative
- The cost of living is low
The Team Says:
- The employees care for one another
- The people and culture are genuine
- Culture of excellence and fun
- The Firm is family oriented
- The Firm is flexible
- The Firm is a team
- Employees take ownership and pride in their work
- There’s a passion for the brand
- New challenges every day
- Interesting work
- The Firm invests in employees
- Employees are respected
If you are ready to accept the challenge of a rewarding career in a fun and growing environment, please send a cover letter, resume and salary expectations to Jeff Stanley, Chief of Staff, at StanleyJ@GoosmannLaw.com or through www.GoosmannLaw.com. All inquiries will remain confidential.