Would you like to be a part of one of the fastest growing law firms in the US?
If so, the opportunity to support the Goosmann Law Firm in Omaha, NE may be the ideal fit for you. Compensation is competitive and will be negotiated depending on the qualifications. Benefits include generous PTO, 2 hours of paid flex time a week, 401K, health, dental and vision insurance, life insurance, flex spending account, flexibility and a positive and energetic working environment.
We are looking for a high-performing Legal/Administrative Assistant in our Omaha location to assist the Managing Partner and Attorneys achieve our business goals. In this role, you will be responsible for first impressions for all clients as well as visitors to the firm. You will also be helping lawyers by investigating facts, researching laws and regulations, and preparing and maintaining legal documents.
This multi-tasker has excellent written and verbal skills and is not only professional, well-dressed and organized, but also responsive and timely. Being ethical and honest comes natural to this perceptive Administrative Assistant.
The ideal candidate should be positive, confident, and passionate. Being organized and prepared is just as important as being able to stay calm when last minute situations arise. This person should be highly relational, dynamic, collaborative, motivated as well as have a sense of humor. This Legal/Administrative Assistant understands the important of being respectful, detail oriented, responsible and driven.
Goosmann Law Firm will provide training on their specific systems, processes, and tools, but candidate should already have the core skills around building relationships and being technology-savvy that are required for this position.
ABOUT THE JOB (RESPONSIBILITIES)
The responsibilities of the Legal/Administrative Assistant include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Full Time – Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
- Greet Clients and answer all incoming phone calls
- Assist the Managing Partner & Attorneys of the Firm to achieve goals and increase profitability
- Manage calendars and schedule meetings and appointments
- Order office supplies
- Organize and prepare for networking events: RSVP's, prepare binder materials, agendas, reservations
- Track and follow up with all cold calls, engagements, non-engagements
- Take credit card payments from clients
- Prepare, open, scan and disseminate all mail
- Proactively follow up after meetings
- Organize documents and files (both electronically and in hard copy)
- Prepare presentation materials and assist with presentations
- Travel planning both regionally and nationally
- Database management and input
- Placing and answering telephone calls
- Coordinate team members
- Drafting correspondence
- Anticipate needs for meetings, deadlines, and presentations and prepare necessary materials
- Maintain business relationships to develop the business
- Draft documents and file them with the court
- Maintain pleadings and discovery indexes
- Organize exhibits, documents, evidence, briefs, and appendices
- Help attorneys with interrogatories and other discovery requests
- Gather relevant information from a variety of sources
- Liaise between trial teams and internal/external third parties
- High School Diploma Required.
- A two or four-year degree is preferred.
- Experience in customer service and/or business/marketing/communications field is desirable.
- Superior professionalism and organization
- Positive and results oriented
- Professional experience in related work is preferred, but not required (i.e. Marketing, Customer Service, Business setting.)
- Experience in a law firm desirable.
WHY WORK FOR GOOSMANN LAW?
- Worth it! Strong commitment to mission
- Founded in 2009, Goosmann Law is Growing an average of 20-30% a year
- The brand and Firm are known and respected
- The Firm is a stable company
- The legal service is excellent
- It is within family friendly communities (Sioux City, Sioux Falls, Omaha)
- Goosmann Law is a steward of the community
- The culture is well-regarded and fun
- There’s opportunity for growth
- Strengths based
- Goal oriented
- Innovative & creative
- The cost of living is low
The Team Says:
- The employees care for one another
- The people and culture are genuine
- Culture of excellence and fun
- The Firm is family oriented
- The Firm is flexible
- The Firm is a team
- Employees take ownership and pride in their work
- There’s a passion for the brand
- New challenges every day
- Interesting work
- The Firm invests in employees
- Employees are respected
If you are ready to accept the challenge of a rewarding career, please send a cover letter and resume to Trisha VanHorssen at firstname.lastname@example.org or through www.GoosmannLaw.com. All inquiries will remain confidential.
At Goosmann Law Firm, we do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.