The Goosmann Law Firm seeks a Family Law Attorney to join its high growth firm and deliver quality, timely legal advice. We provide a WOW client experience, keep up with the pace of business, under-promise and over-deliver. Our service attracts great clients. We partner with our clients to anticipate their legal needs in a fast-paced, positive, goal driven and productive culture that encourages and rewards productivity, excellence, team-work, a giving mindset, integrity, and professionalism. Goosmann Law Firm places strong emphasis on leveraging strengths, technology, marketing, training, and coaching.
Our strategically growing Firm serves the needs of business owners, in-house legal teams, executives, and professionals. The primary responsibilities of the role include:
- Working collaboratively as part of a team;
- Oversee and manage the legal issues that transpire between people that are members of the same family;
- Representing clients in matters involving divorce, alimony, paternity, emancipation of children, child custody, domestic violence, property division upon divorce, and constitutional issues defining marriage;
- Supervise and direct mediation sessions, and offer effective legal advice;
- Collaborating with clients and their advisors to develop strategies designed to meet specific goals;
- Business development, including professional organization involvement and writing;
- Supervising paralegals, staff and team members as your role progresses.
- 0.5 - 2 years of relevant experience with a strong interest in family law.
- Strong work ethic, drive, keen attention to detail, and the ability to work effectively in a small-team environment.
- Applicants must currently be licensed, or currently eligible to become licensed, to practice law in Iowa.
- Specific experience with family law;
- Excellent academic and professional credentials;
- Ability to concisely and effectively communicate complex matters in oral and written form.
Why Work For Goosmann Law?
- Worth it! Strong commitment to mission and values
- Founded in 2009, Goosmann Law is Growing an average of 20-30% a year
- The brand and Firm are known and respected
- The legal service provided to our clients is excellent
- It is within family friendly communities (Sioux City, Sioux Falls, Omaha)
- Goosmann Law strives to make a difference in the communities in which we work and live
- The culture is well-regarded and fun
- There’s opportunity for growth
- Strengths based
- Goal oriented
- Innovative & creative
The Team Says:
- The employees care for one another
- The people and culture are genuine
- Culture of excellence and fun
- The Firm is family oriented
- The Firm is flexible
- The Firm is a team
- Employees take ownership and pride in their work
- There’s a passion for the brand
- New challenges every day
- Interesting work
- The Firm invests in employees and promotes from within
- Employees are respected
Goosmann Law offers competitive salary, excellent benefits including 401(k) with Firm contribution, PTO, health insurance, vision, dental, flex spending account, short term disability, life insurance, annual CLE budget, paid bar dues and professional memberships, iPhone, laptop, office furniture, paid parking, training, and staff and administrative support, marketing plan, and the opportunity for professional development and progression. Explore the opportunities of a career at Goosmann Law and invest in your future. This is an opportunity for top candidates to become part of a growing law firm where passion fuels success. Contact us today!
Please upload resume and cover letter or email JaNay Rose in Human Resources at RoseJ@goosmannlaw.com if you have any questions. All inquiries will remain confidential.
Goosmann Law Firm is an equal opportunity employer.
At Goosmann Law Firm, we do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.