The Goosmann Law Firm in Sioux City, Iowa is hiring for a Human Resources Generalist. Apply Here Today!
The ideal Human Resources Generalist not only understands how important it is to have a career worth having and a life worth living, but they inspire others around them to do so as well. They value family, then business. They are trustworthy, work with integrity, and do the right thing. This individual knows reputation and respect are fundamental. They always tell the truth, are professional, educated, and intelligent. They believe who they are in business with matters. This person is a top performer, able to focus on service, productivity and supporting the broader team.
This approachable, personable HR professional leads by example and empowers people by sharing information. As a people-person, he/she is a true team player who understands the needs of each team member and works to address those needs, in balance with the needs of the business. This multi-tasker has excellent written and verbal skills and is also responsive and timely.
The ideal candidate should be positive, confident, and passionate. Being aggressive and able to influence is just as important as being calm under pressure and a straight shooter. This person should be highly relational, dynamic, collaborative, motivated as well as have a sense of humor.
ABOUT THE JOB (RESPONSIBILITIES)
The responsibilities of the Human Resource Executive include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Collaborate with Chief of Staff, Law Firm Administrator and Managing Attorneys to achieve business goals
- Manage all aspects of HR under the direction of the Chief of Staff
- Oversee all aspects of professional and college recruiting, from sourcing and posting through interviewing and ultimately selection
- Coordinate on-boarding and orientation of new employees
- Work with the Chief of Staff to manage compensation and salary programs, including semi-monthly payroll, annual performance assessments, pay adjustments, and incentive programs.
- Work with the Chief of Staff to manage the benefits platform, including oversight of all benefit offerings, vendor relationships, employee elections and mid-year changes, and annual enrollment
- Create trust and culture to empower employees to have careers worth having and lives worth living
- Establish a work environment that is appealing to new team members and is difficult for current team members to leave
- Work with Firm leaders to develop long-term strategic human resources plans and development programs to support the Firm’s strategic plan
- Develop forecasts and projections by working with Chief of Staff and Law Firm Administrator
- Develop and manage systemized training and development programs in coordination with Director, People Development & Client Relations and Executive Directors
- Work with our IT Specialist to coordinate phone, computer and other technology needs for new and existing employees
- 4 Year Degree
- Minimum two years of HR experience
- Knowledge of compensation and benefit plans, recruitment, employment law, culture development, and/or performance management
- Superior Professionalism
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to influence and work effectively through others
- Collaborative and shares the values that define our culture
- Understanding of legal profession
- Experience in Law Firm
- PHR or other HR certification
- Outside Interests- community involvement
WHY WORK FOR GOOSMANN LAW?
- Worth it! Strong commitment to mission
- Founded in 2009, Goosmann Law is Growing an average of 20-30% a year
- The brand and Firm are known and respected
- The Firm is a stable company
- The legal service is excellent
- It is within family friendly communities (Sioux City, Sioux Falls, Omaha)
- Goosmann Law is a steward of the community
- The culture is well-regarded and fun
- There’s opportunity for growth
- Strengths based
- Goal oriented
- Innovative & creative
- The cost of living is low
The Team Says:
- The employees care for one another
- The people and culture are genuine
- Culture of excellence and fun
- The Firm is family oriented
- The Firm is flexible
- The Firm is a team
- Employees take ownership and pride in their work
- There’s a passion for the brand
- New challenges every day
- Interesting work
- The Firm invests in employees
- Employees are respected
If you are ready to accept the challenge of a rewarding career in a fun and growing environment, please send a cover letter, resume and salary expectations to Jeff Stanley, Chief of Staff, at StanleyJ@GoosmannLaw.com or through www.GoosmannLaw.com. All inquiries will remain confidential.