ABI and KCMBA UMKC CLE are pleased to present the 34th Annual Midwestern Bankruptcy Institute at the AAA Four-Diamond Westin Kansas City at Crown Center! In addition to business and consumer tracks geared specifically toward your area of practice, this year’s conference features an extra day of sessions devoted to professional development; plus, they've expanded the registration options so that you can get the exact training you need at an affordable price. Attorney Jeana Goosmann, of the Goosmann Law Firm, will be a featured speaker discussing the Pitfalls and Ethical Dilemmas of a Solo Practice or Small Firm. This panel is for participants who are either solo or small-firm practitioners and will include such topics as paperless offices, trust funds and accounting, managing workflow, and the implications of the office in the event of a natural disaster. With featured speakers and 13 regional bankruptcy judges rounding out sessions covering everything from common mistakes made in consumer practice, the ethical pitfalls of a solo practice or small firm, and representing creditors in the busy case filing centers of New York and Delaware, to the always-lively Great Debates, you won’t want to miss the CLE/CPE event of the Midwest!
CLE/CPE Event of the Midwest this Year!
- 13 Hours of CLE/CPE, including 3.5 Hours of Ethics
- Sessions on individual chapter 11, guidelines for hiring financial advisors and expert witnesses, navigating social media and much more
- Dedicated Tracks for both Business andConsumer Practitioners
- Opening reception, offering a chance to network with professional colleagues
Get the Knowledge You Need to Succeed!:
- 13 regional bankruptcy judges offering invaluable perspectives on such topics as common mistakes made in consumer practice, and the ethical pitfalls of a solo practice or small firm
- Flexible registration options so you can get the exact training you need at an affordable price
Optional half-day Professional Development Workshop on Thursday, October 16th