What can change in six years? For the Goosmann Law Firm a lot has changed since we first opened our doors back on May 11th, 2009.
Currently, the Goosmann Law Firm has eleven attorneys and ten support staff. Continuing our trend of growth over the past few years, this year has seen the addition of several new attorneys as well as the opening of an office in Spencer, Iowa. Needless to say I am immensely proud of all that we have accomplished and expect this trend of growth and success to continue.
While we have all been busy working away here in Siouxland, a lot has changed in the wider world since 2009. So get out your rose-tinted glasses and have a look at just a few of the things that have happened since we opened for business.
What’s Been Going on in the World?
- Osama Bin Laden has been killed, Gaddafi has been overthrown, and several other dictators from around the world have been dethroned. Thank you.
- The global recession has more or less run its course. Let the good times roll!
- The number of people with internet access has more than doubled. More people to see our great website at www.goosmannlaw.com
- The iPad has been released, creating a flurry of hand-held tablet devices being invented. Good thing our website is mobilized.
- The number of people on Facebook has increased tenfold and the number of daily Tweets has gone from being in the hundreds of thousands to being in the hundreds of millions. The Firm is doing its best to dominate social media. We have a lot to say afterall.
- Michael Jackson, one of America’s great music icons, was still alive in May, 2009. He was a Thriller!
- Brett Favre was still playing for the Vikings in 2009. Good to know.
- Back in May, 2009, Justin Bieber had yet to release an album, there was no Jersey Shore. This made no impact on me.
- The world population has gone from 6.8 billion to 7.2 billion, that’s an increase of 5.6%. That means an additional 400 million people have been born onto the earth since 2009. To put that in perspective, the world population barely increased by 400 million between 1500 AD and 1800 AD, now we’re doing that in six short years. Great! A lot more people to work at the firm and provide excellent legal services.
- Hannah Montana the Movie was #1 in the box office in May 2009, at least now we have moved on to The Avengers: The Age of Ultron. In the meantime Miley Cyrus has restyled herself as a pop artist and the English language took one for the team when twerking officially became a verb. We have never used twerking in a legal document.
Despite all of the craziness going on in the world around us, I am proud to say that the Goosmann Law Firm has grown and stayed true to its mission of providing premier legal services with strategic legal advice. A special thanks to all of our clients for choosing our services and our dedicated team for all of the hard work that they have put into getting us to this point.